The purpose of this role is to ensure the internal customer gets the services as per the SLA requirements. To manage export & import operations, logistics, excise incl service tax , keeping compliance with all relevant laws, notifications, tariffs, EXIM policy and procedures and carry out EXIM/Excise/logistics operations.To handle export documentation involved in export-import trade and tracking various benefits. To oversee negotiation of ocean and air freight for export shipments to various destinations. Key roles include Export Logistics, Ocean & Air freight, Import Logistics, Licencing / DGFT, Customs & Excise, IMDG / ICAO and DG Management.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNT-ABILITIES OF THE ROLE:
Primary : Ensure the consistency in the systems for logistics function and maintain it across the divisions
- Establish processes for facilitation of work trough IT enablement
Creation of SLAs with different divisions and bring in accountability with the responsibility of delivery
- Meetings with division heads to validate the process and its implementation
- Responsible for benchmarking SLA delivery and make action plans for improvement
Maximize the monetary benefits through import and exports licensing
- Follow up with customs, service providers etc. and minimize the loss due to delays in bank realization certificates etc.
- Guide the divisions with regards to proper import and export procedures in order to maximize the benefits
Ensure the fulfillment of all semi government regulations and adhere to statutory requirement
- Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance with non government bodies like GSP, IMC, Chemexcil / FIEO, Legalization of documents through Consulates. Monitor the compliance of various regulations through export documentation.
Coordinate with marketing and other internal customers like production, packing etc in order to improve customer satisfaction levels through SLA measurement.
Analysis and corrective actions on non performance or low performance areas and suggesting ways to improve the same.
Responsible for ensuring the correct documentation in place for successful delivery
- Ensure preparation of application of license
- Tabulation of imports and exports required as per the requirement of licensing norms
- Applying for closure
- Query handling with government agencies
Perform the role of a people manager for the team
- Manage and support recruitment, set KRA's for direct reports, monitor overall team's KRA's, conduct performance appraisal, ensure clarity and delineation of individual roles, appropriate delegation of responsibility
- Facilitate the development of subordinates through constant on and off the job learning, job rotation, etc
- Oversee staff deployment and drive motivation levels of the team, monitor staff welfare and facilitate complaint resolution, manage efficiency levels and drive timely delivery of all operational targets
Secondary : Liasioning with Central Excise dept, L/C mechanisms, UCP 600 regulations.
Attend Customs, Excise, DGFT or any appelate authority hearings, if needed. Provide inputs regarding Exports & Imports to divisions for better management.
Control and suggest improvements in improvement of customer satisfaction of internal customers.
SECTION IV: DISPLAY - KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
In this section, please mention the minimum qualification, technical skills and capabilities which are essential to execute the role. It may not be a reflection of your own qualification and skills. Illustrative examples are provided in both the sections.
Qualification and technical skills required to execute the role. Please mention any functional knowledge
E.g. B.A. in xyz
E.g. Knowledge of sales function
Education Qualifications and Technical Skills
MBA Operations / MBA Logistics with min 10-12 years experience in Supply Chain Management and Export/Import Logistics with DGFT responsibilities mentioned above.
Awareness of foreign trade policies and understanding of how government agencies work e.g. customs and DGFT
Knowledge of shipping lines and air lines operations.
E.g. Attention to detail, Team work, Negotiation Skills
Behavioral Skills Planning skills, Communication skills, interpersonal skills, Leadership Skills and very good listening skills
Experience which is required to execute this role
E.g. 2-4 years of experience as a salesman in abc market
Overall and Specific experience
Overall experience of 12+ years
Specific experience of 7+ years in field of Exports / Imports Logistics & Licensing
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
Decisions regarding streamlining of work flow and improving the service levels to internal customers which are divisional logistics teams
Decisions regarding contracts with CHAs, transporters for imports as well as exports
Provided selection of vendors, shipping lines, CHAs etc.
SECTION VI: KEY INTERACTIONS
Marketing : Coordination of delivery schedules and operations and query handling
Planning / Purchase department : For availability of imports materials
Finance and HR : Organizational requirements
Technical Team : Checking out the feasibility under various licenses and ensure the norms are met
Legal department : For liasoning with DGFT, Customs & Excise.
Key interaction - External Nature or purpose of interaction
- Meeting CHAs, Vendors, shipping lines for daily activities.
- Customs & Excise authorities for Imports & Exports Clearances.
- DGFT for Licencing activity (Adv Lic, DEPB, EPCG, FMS,etc).