Key position because it has strategic impact on bottom-line -
Risk is related to cutting financial loss, and internal tools is to help organize become profitable by automating all departmental workflows and optimizing them for efficiency.
Qualification criteria -
1. 2005-2007 CS grad from top-tier college
2. At least 2-3 years of managing mid-size teams (10+ individuals directly or indirectly) - proven leadership ability needed
3. Very strong in programming, algorithms, logical thinking and problem-solving, and proven ability to design large-scale, complex web-based products
4. Must have extremely strong grasp of data crunching at web scale
5. Must be comfortable on mysql and other open-source tech
Roles & responsibilities -
1. Ramp up risk engg team and risk technology
2. Be hands-on on risk piece
3. Manage internal tools team (RoR platform comprising of around 8-9 devs - hands-on not necessary in this area)
4. Complete ownership of pieces with corresponding accountability
5. Extensive collaborative ability - need to work very closely with product owner and relevant business owners, along with other tech groups .