Headquartered in Boston, US, Boston Analytics is a strategy consulting and Data Sciences firm that provides B2B strategic problem solving solutions for Fortune 500. We bring together the best analytical minds worldwide, deliver a robust offering of knowledge solutions, and work as genuine partners in enhancing and implementing our clients' growth strategies.We are trusted advisors to our clients and work closely with them on a range of strategy engagements across geographies and industries.Over the past few years, BA has developed a strong expertise in Financial Services, Technology, Consumer Goods & Healthcare, and Diversified Industrials, which are our key practice areas.
Our data driven approach utilizes advanced analytics' techniques and strategies to explore market penetration and growth opportunities, to arrive at critical insights and to build solutions for actionable decisions to meet unique business challenges and objectives.
As an Engineering Manager - Application and Projects you will be closely working with the Senior Management Team to lead engineering organization development for B2B applications. You will work with Product Managers on translating the business specifications to technical requirements and managing the product development efforts. In addition, you will work on development projects and POCs (proof of concept) to demonstrate our capabilities to the market.
You would typically be working on product development initiatives and multiple projects, responsible for end-to-end implementation. You will need to work closely with the CTO & Management team on defining the technology vision, create strategy and execution roadmap for our engineering organization.
Application Development &Project Delivery
* Design architecture and lead the development of multiple applications
* Build POCs on custom applications working with client requirements
* Manage projects from resource mobilization to first contact to final delivery and ensure adherence to scope, timelines, budgets, quality standards, and risk management to ensure customer delight
* Overall supervision and management of project - ensuring project process adherence, TATs and compliance standards
* Over-manage client communication process including understanding requirements, expectation management and delivering quality outputs
* Manage partner relationships (as applicable)
* Manage and deepen client relationships, also identify further business opportunities with existing clients
Business Development and Solutioning
* Actively contribute to the business development process, support sales teams in closing deals by participating in client calls and pitching solutions
* Develop proof of concept of the solution (if required)
* Career manager for the engineering team
* Lead and motivate all resources in the team, define their career goals and progression, retention management, including practice specific training and development initiatives
* Actively participating in organization-building activities such as hiring, process improvement & tracking, growing client accounts, etc.
Required Skills& Personal Attributes:
* Excellent business writing and verbal communication skills including presentation skills
* Demonstrate experience of managing Application Development and Projects
* Ability to partner with Sales & Marketing and Product Management Team
* High degree of proficiency in Data Sciences, Application Development
* Exposure to Cognitive Computing concepts like Semantic Search, Ontology, Graph Analysis and Machine Learning.
* Ideally experienced in the Financial and Industrial Domains..
* High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel etc.)
* Strong inter-personal skills, ability to work with teams in a time-line driven high pressure environment.
* Self-driven with a high level of motivation and energy; a strong 'can do' attitude; ability and willingness to work in a small and fast growing set-up
* Ability to pro-actively identify ways to contribute to firms goals & mission