* Ensure on-time, on-budget, and quality product designs are delivered to Manufacturing and meet customer requirements.
* Establish engineering best practices, design guidelines, standard engineering, processes and tools.
* Prepare workload assessment, capacity planning, and recommendations to management.
* Provide technical expertise across multiple disciplines as needed.
* Provide applications support for proposals.
* Prepare training to increase the knowledge base and skills of Project Engineering.
* Provide tools, methods and processes to drive consistency and improve proficiency.
* Review, write and edit technical investigations, technology development plans, etc.
* Maintain relationships with customers, contractors and industry groups to ensure technology and product leadership.
* Advise and consult with upper management, customers and industry representatives concerning opportunities and potential problems which may impact on the Company's business.
* Supervise direct reports including interviewing, hiring, and training; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; measuring, rewarding and disciplining employees.
* Develop and control departmental budget.
The qualifications for the Engineering Manager include:
* BS in Mechanical Engineering or closely related discipline.
* 15 years or more related experience with a strong background in manufacturing engineering.
* 3+ years of leadership / mentor-ship experience is a must.
* Excellent communication skills and strong business partnership abilities.