We are looking for a qualified SCM engineer to handle our dynamic team and will be responsible for providing corporate Build and Release Management function.
* Configuration identification - Identifying configurations, configuration items and baselines.
* Configuration control - Implementing a controlled change process. This is usually achieved by setting up a change control board whose primary function is to approve or reject all change requests that are sent against any baseline.
* Configuration status accounting - Recording and reporting all the necessary information on the status of the development process.
* Configuration auditing - Ensuring that configurations contain all their intended parts and are sound with respect to their specifying documents, including requirements, architectural specifications and user manuals.
* Build management - Managing the process and tools used for builds.
* Process management - Ensuring adherence to the organization's development process.
* Environment management - Managing the software and hardware that host the system.
* Teamwork - Facilitate team interactions related to the process.
* Defect tracking - Making sure every defect has traceability back to the source.
Desired Skills & Experience:
Education: Bachelor's Degree Computer Science or Engineering or Masters in Computer Applications (MCA)
* Minimum 3.5+ year of experience in configuration management environment
* Working knowledge of source control tools like CVS/ Subversion /GIT/ SourceSafe/ Source Anywhere
* Working knowledge of Build Management tools like Jenkins/Cruise Control/Team foundation server/Nant
* VB scripting in VB6 or VB Shell scripting
* Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and team oriented
* Innovative and assertive in proposing/implementing new ideas/processes
* Highly motivated and self-starting, should have proactive approach to resolving issues and working with limited supervision
* Ability to quickly learn new technology and implement it effectively