Brief Scope : Responsible for all pipeline management for GOC services to manage and oversees
Reporting to : Head, GOC
Direct reports : Manager, Associate Manager, EM Leads, EM Analysts
1. Qualification Academic & Professional
Field of Study IT, Project Management or Business Engineering
Certification Degree or Masters
2.Skills & Attributes
The following skills are required to be successful in performing this position:
Transition, growth, automation and expansion of GOC East services, capacity management and to assist the Head, GOC in his absence
Must have (maximum of 5 bullet points)
The successful candidate should possess:
1. Minimum 10 years experience in IT Service Delivery and Operations Management.
2. Advance People Management skills.
3. Exposure to ITIL processes and BCP / DR disciplines.
4. 3-4 years of exposure to BMC Control-M suite of products.
5. Understanding end-to-end IT Infrastructure that supports the above services, mid-ranges, client-servers and networking.
6. Understanding Risk Management principles and guidelines.
7. Possess excellent stake-holder management skills.
The responsibilities include the following:
1. Mentors team members in professionally handling routine issues, transition of new services, promoting personal and professional development for staff by providing timely feedback and performance review of the GOC team.
2. Manage performance of Team Members by defining job objectives and prioritizing goals, developing the team to meet the teams assigned charter & responsibilities.
3. Ensures all quality & risk management requirements are met, while delivering day-to-day operations support.
4. Responsible for managing IT Operations via Global Operations Centre.
5. Responsible for growing the existing scope to multi-fold.
6. Managing transition of IT Operations from scattered locations into GOC.
7. Promotes Team building and management, ability to deal with teams operating out of multiple locations Chennai, Singapore, Malaysia, UK, etc
8. Ensures staff understands and follows ITIL procedures and processes with respect to Incidents, Problems, Change and Release Management.
9. Ensures Problem and Change Management health checks (includes SLA & Open items management for services supported).
10. Manage escalations by involving Applications vendors, Business representatives, Relationship Managers and IT support teams for conflict resolution if
deemed necessary by any of the involved parties.
11. To maintain relationships with Stakeholders, Client Relationship Managers, Application owners, primary software vendors and external parties providing services to GOC. This is done by way of scheduled Service Review meetings.
12. Manage KCSA / KRI / Audit compliance requirements and provides Management summary of team service performance.
13. Ensures Risk Assessment and Analysis are in place for ensuring high availability services provided and those in transition.
14. Ensure resource / capacity planning to monitor and ensure that the current staff and available knowledge meet the current and forecasted business requirements.
15. Maintain and monitor Budget requirements and ensure costs are well forecasted and within allocations.
16. Lead Crisis management of high severity incidents and ownership of post-problem review processes (Post Mortem review / report production & Trend Analysis).
17. Ensures readiness of remote data centre DR and BCP contingencies and ability to provide continuity of operations in the event of a disaster.
18. Managing Work Load Automation projects.
19. Provides end-to-end service ownership of Work Load Automation via BMC Control-M tool.
20. Provides Global Vendor Management.