Reporting to Section Head - HR/ IR
Objective / Purpose of the job:
Assisting and providing support to the section head in handling all IR activities including harmonious employee relations, labour law compliance's, reports and returns, handling day to day grievances related to Union & Liaison with Govt./Statutory authorities.
Key Activities / Account-abilities :
* Proactively monitor union / collective activities (concerning unionized work force and contract labour) potentially having chance of affecting harmony in the working environment.
* Develop rapport/ communication channel with the collectives at formal and informal level to be the first mover, appraise decision makers on the situation prevailing from time to time.
* Develop systems to ensure timely compliance of all obligations under labour related statutes
* Assist the section head / his reporting manager in all the above areas
* He needs to be the touch point for the unionized employees for any issue concerning individual or collective grievances,
* Maintain all records / registers in terms of labour related statute requirements
* Co-ordination for contract renewal, Vendor Bill Processing, Regular meeting with contractors/Service providers.
* Ensure all records/ filings, are maintained within the organization in a manner they need to be stored, and could be recovered quickly for every inspection.
Essential Educational, Experience Qualification & age:
Full time Graduate with 2 years full time MBA (HR)/Post-graduate Diploma in Industrial Relations / Labour Welfare from a recognized Institute / University with around 4 to 8 years of experience. Candidate must have experience from a manufacturing industry. Should possess strong management skills, be familiar with industrial laws and be computer-literate.
Should be well versed with Industrial Relations activities such as submission of half/annual returns, obtaining and renewal of labour license, maintenance of Statutory records as per State/Central Act, PF, ESI, CLRA, BOCW/MW Act etc.
Should have handled labour / unionized workmen at Site/Projects.
Experience in construction Industry will be an added advantage
Degree in Law will be an added advantage.
Age : Max. 32 years
Preferred Knowledge, competencies and skills:
* Proficient in Labour laws
* Computer skill essential
* Communication skill
* Should have good command over Marathi - Read/Write/Speak
* Presentation skill - basic knowledge
* Team working aptitude
* Exposure to SAP will be an added advantage.
Required Behavioral Competencies:
* Self starter
* Must be committed, enthusiastic, innovative and commercially aware.
* Continuous learning ability - Anticipates, reviews and continuously seeks to improve performance.
* Must be team player & should be able to take initiative.
* Negotiation and Influencing/Liaison skills.
* To be able to work in a confidential environment.
* Flexible work approach and able to handle extreme work peaks / pressure situations.