This position is for a Distinguished Technologist for Printing and Personal Solutions (PPS) R&D Hub in Bangalore. This is a technology leadership position responsible for the technology strategy and roadmap of firmware, systems software and cloud assets that drive multi-billion dollar inkjet, laserjet and designjet printer business. The candidate must be a recognized authority on leading-edge technologies, theories, or techniques in the domain of firmware, operating systems, hardware / ASIC design and large scale systems engineering. He/she must have proven experience in integrating and creating innovative solutions to complex and critical issues that have a significant continued impact across disciplines and business units. He/she must have proven experience in championing high impact strategic programs and mentoring and guiding technical career path staff members.
* Develops strategy and technology roadmaps for firmware, system software and cloud solution design and development across multiple platforms and products in printing business units.
* Leverages recognized technical and business expertise to influence, guide and shape business strategy and decision-making at the highest business unit levels
* Provides consultation, design input, and feedback on product and solution development and design reviews across multiple organizations and architectures.
* Communicates strategy and technology roadmaps to executive staff, industry partners and customers
* Drives innovation across the organization and leads technology forums in the organization
* Is seen as a leader for TCP career path across the organization through inspiring leadership.
* Guides and mentors senior technical career path staff members in building a culture of technology innovation and excellence.
* Participates in and provides input on process for selection of future technical leaders.
* Collaborates and interacts with peer technologists, senior individual contributors and BU executive management.
* Serves on Industry Standard Forums.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's, Master's or PHD degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
* Typically 18+ years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Industry expert in the areas of firmware, operating systems, hardware/ASIC design and large scale systems engineering
* History of innovation with multiple patents or deployed solutions in one or more of the above areas
* Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
* Extensive experience in overall architecture of firmware and interaction with operating systems and hardware designs for products and solutions.
* Extensive experience in full lifecycle product / solutions development including software engineering methodologies, tools and techniques
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior business unit executive levels.
* Ability to guide and motivate technical career path employees and drive a culture of technology innovation and excellence.