* Lead the design and planning of complex custom software solutions or modifying package solutions.
* Work closely with the client to understand business needs, in order to develop IT strategy, and propose solution options including advice on design, implementation, tools, scalability, system performance, dependencies.
* Set standards and project processes for delivery teams and mentor team members.
* Review project estimates and assess impact of project risks.
* Serve as "hands-on" escalation point to identify and suggest approaches to resolve project issues.
* Build strong client relationships and facilitate client workshops and meetings.
* Accumulate market know-how, industry and technology trends, to enhance and manage knowledge on projects.
* Support the enhancement of Sapient Global Markets' technology domain.
* Support marketing, people management and hiring efforts.
* Manage client relationships and engage in business development.
* Support vendor evaluation and decisions on technology investments.
* Very deep experience in enterprise architecture, systems integration, package implementation, and system architecture.
* Experience in a consulting or client-facing role in large organizations.
* Experience in the Financial Services and /or Commodities trading industry highly desired.
* Deep experience in architecting trading applications for areas such as Capital markets, Fixed Income, Equities, Hedge Funds preferred.
* Understanding of object oriented software development and multiple technologies such as C#, .NET, WCF, Java, C/C++, relational databases (ie. Oracle, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2), Middleware Platforms (ie. J2EE or .NET), Enterprise Solution Packages (ie. EAI, CMS, portals) and development methods such as Agile, RUP, UML.
* Knowledge of product and package selection methods.
* Strong leadership and communication skills to effectively manage client accounts and multi-track project/program teams consisting of up to 30-60 globally distributed members.
* Proven mentoring and coaching abilities to ensure growth.
* Ability to understand critical issues and bring appropriate resolution to cross-industry, complex issues.
* Ability to drive complex estimates that take one or more projects into account and to effectively communicate risks and dependencies to clients.
* Openness travel and work at client offices.