About the role:
* Ensures delivery against QA department goals and objectives, i.e. Meeting commitments and coordinating overall quality assurance schedule.
* Provides necessary definition, development and deployment of product quality assurance strategy, addressing all phases of product development.
* Focuses significant attention in automation of testing to take the product testing progressively to higher levels of quality assurance.
* Directly supervises quality assurance managers, team lead(s), QA/testers including the preparation and delivery of staff performance evaluations and career development activities.
* Mentor team through frequent one on ones, quarterly goals setting and tracking, annual performance reviews and other relevant managerial tasks.
* Work closely with development manager(s) and other peer managers in the product cycle to make necessary quality impact.
* Preparing QA plans, defect metrics and QA reports as required by the project.
* Reviewing development specifications to understand QA scope & impact.
* Effective communication & collaboration regarding issues, objectives, initiatives and performance to plan.
* Manages planning and execution of product testing efforts, including all associated resources to meet committed delivery dates.
* Responsible and accountable for flagging the timing of interdepartmental deliverables and the quality of their output.
* Works with project managers to develop project schedules and resource allocation models for QA related projects and other activities such as software deployment, customer integration, and professional services validation.
* Anticipates program release problems and takes corrective action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve commitments.
* Assures the viability, functionality and effectiveness of essential tools.