To implement and monitor the engineering and planning processes to ensure efficient delivery of the accurate engineering drawings, plan and specifications and its implementation order to meet the business, Safety, and Operational objectives. To support technical and C&P functions by providing technical support in technical specifications and implementing new technologies.
Key Activities / Account-abilities :
Engineering & Planning:
* Ensuring accurate technical specifications for pipelines, equipments, various other materials and processes required in laying network based on technical and engineering standards.
* Ensure technical evaluation of equipments and materials while finalizing them before procurement along with Contracts & Procurement.
* Ensuring accurate drawings and processes for Network simulation and issuing various drawings
Process and technical up-gradation and implementation
* Ensuring continuous improvement in the systems and processes in line with technical advancements in the industry and implementation of the same in MGL.
* Identification of technical issues faced by construction and O&M teams and develops solutions for resolution.
* Implementation, upkeep and updation of new technologies related to Gas distribution viz., SCADA and GIS and monitoring their performance.
Support to Contracts & Procurements
* Supporting C&P department for finalizing technical specifications of the processes required in execution of project as part of tender document.
* Partnering with C&P department for technical evaluation of vendors and contractors for construction related activities.
* Support C&P in preparation and finalization of BOQ of the materials required for construction activities for finalizing contract.
* Ensuring procurement and inventory management of high value technical and equipments with a long lead time.
To lead, motivate and empower staff through effective and open communication, excellent leadership, regular performance feedback and team-building, in order to maximize customer satisfaction, business results and employee satisfaction. Provide coaching and development to the team to achieve the objectives and encourage teamwork
Process Management & Implementation
To implement and monitor the predefined processes, policies and procedures in order to ensure the consistency, efficiency and quality in all areas. Ensure continuous improvement through comprehensive reviews and suggesting changes.
Essential Educational, Experience Qualification & age
Engineering Degree in Mech or instrumentation with minimum 14 to 18 years experience in Engineering and Planning and handling team for 3-5 Years. MBA will have an added advantage
Experience of Oil and Gas Industry especially in CGD will be an added advantage.
Age: 35 to 45 years.
Preferred Knowledge, competencies and skills
* Communication capability at a senior level, both internally and externally
* Excellent presentation skills
* Recognized general and people management skills
* Ability to interpret and apply Value Based Management principles / decisions.
* Strategic aptitude / mindset.
* Market Awareness
* Hands on experience of process development and improvement.
* Exposure to SAP will be an added advantage.
Required Behavioral Competencies
* Must be committed, enthusiastic, innovative and commercially aware.
* Continuous learning ability - Anticipates, reviews and continuously seeks to improve performance.
* Must be able to work independently under own initiative and lead a team.
* Negotiation and Influencing skills.
* To be able to work in a confidential environment.
* Flexible work approach and able to handle extreme work peaks / pressure situations.