Responsible for Primary, secondary and tertiary packaging development of NPD initiatives and all packaging aspects for EPD projects in line with business deadlines
* Responsible for packaging aspects of technical transfer, packaging validation and continuous improvement of packaging technology
* Responsible for identification and implementation of packaging cost reduction initiatives
* Responsible to maintain successful packaging control systems in TDS (CPBOM, TPS, PAM, Pallet spec, PIBOM & PPI)
* Responsible to give impact & assessment comment in track wise from packaging POV.
* Responsible to explore and progress cost reduction opportunities
* Co-ordination with all related functions to facilitate packaging change
* Packing design and vendor development.
* Preparation of Key Line Drawing (KLD) through AutoCAD 2D software.
* Co-ordinate for artwork development & on-line approval.
* Develop alternate packaging source.
* To drive successful & accurate packaging control systems (Spec, STP and SOP).
* Inspection, validation & visit to molders for molding trials/approvals.
* Arrange line trial, transit trials & attend QA issues in factory.
* Daily co-ordinations to internal/external key stakeholders.
* Initiate pack improvement projects for cost, quality & productivity.
* Interaction with marketing, production, local site quality & R&D for obtaining inputs in time
* Evaluation of new packaging materials & system inline with latest developments.
* Responsible for smooth implementation of new development in productions.
Expertise in design & development of new products packaging & Validation or approval of packaging material during development stage.
* Determination of primary & secondary packaging material specifications of product with diff. types of packaging material at the optimum cost along with machinability.
* Making prototype samples for trial purpose of these developments & continuous study / trial for the implementation of new packaging material as per the new latest market trends & technologies in packaging.
* Experienced in finalizing the specifications & STP for new packaging material, maintaining quality standards for incoming materials, ensuring stringent adherence to quality standards, norms & practices, identifying gaps & taking corrective actions.
* Ability to carry out continuous improvement in the existing packaging material based on the feedback from the plant, analysis of market complaints & to reduce costs by conducting machine trial, transit trial analysis.
* Hands on preparing / finalizing artwork for these new developments with due consideration for compliance of regulatory requirements. Co-ordination with marketing & respective country heads to get artworks finalized.
* Ensuring the manufacturing feasibility for these newly developed products & assist in procurement of change parts for packaging machineries if needed.
* Enable to handle cost reductions projects for packaging material.
* Trouble shooting of packaging related problems & resolving customer complaints by executing corrective & preventive actions.
* Preparation of Bill of material, overall control of change part & record of all the packaging development related documentation.
* Co-ordination with LL sites for packaging & troubleshooting.
Must have 5-7 years of experience in FMCG (Confectionary).