Qualifications: PhD. in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics.
We are hiring a Data Engineer to join our team and take on one such challenge.
Our problems range from fraud detection and prevention, predictive analytics to mobile platform specific research.
The ideal candidate has experience in storing and retrieving information to and from large data sets and would be responsible for end to end design and implementation for the problem at hand.
Self driven individuals who require minimal direction, are lifelong learners and carry immense passion towards the problem are a perfect fit for our team.
We offer a flexible work schedule and you get your choice of tools (both hardware and software) and most importantly the opportunity to work on tough problems that have little or no precedent.
- Designed schemata for NoSQL databases
- Strong problem solving aptitude
- Hands on work on HDFS/HBase Cluster DevOps
- You are self-driven. In the absence of precedents, you will very often be required to device your own solutions.
- You have Solid CS fundamentals. Your knowledge across the entire stack will be evaluated. We look for that one area where you are better than any one else!
- Great communication skills. You should be able to explain the most complex code to a non-tech team member.
Nice to have(s):
- Demonstrate structured thinking and planning in your work
- Solid references from people you have worked with in the past
- Worked with remotely located teams