Hiring a Data scientist who is interested in shaping the future of online advertising through conversion prediction, online auctions, user modeling, etc. Typical candidates for this role would have a combination of technical knowledge (data mining, machine learning, etc.), domain knowledge (online advertising, web mining, etc.) and hands-on experience huge data sets. The candidates will also have an opportunity to define and lead projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Develop extensible, scalable, reliable software for high volume, real-time data processing and ad serving (Research Engineer).
- Research and implement data mining and machine learning algorithms using grid computing and affect the product direction (Research Scientist).
- Preferred to have PhD (for Research Scientist) MS (for Research Engineer) in computer science/mathematics/ related fields (preferably with emphasis in data mining / machine learning / artificial intelligence / Statistics)
- Good publication/patent record (RS)
- At least 6+ years- experience in a research role.
- Good experience implementing data mining and machine learning algorithms and analyzing large datasets.
- Solid programming skills with several years of software development experience using Java/ C/C++ on Linux (RE)
- Good knowledge of database systems and working knowledge of MySQL (RE) Experience with perl / python / shell scripting is desirable.
- Experience with Hadoop/ Hive is highly desirable.
- Structured thinker, effective communicator with excellent analytical skills.