* University degree in the field of computer science/ BE
* Total 12 to 15 years of experience, out of which At least 5 years of experience with scaling an Internet service, preferably in a high concurrency environment
* Familiar with Service Oriented Architectures
* Several years of hands-on experience with Java and PHP. Knowledge of erlang is a plus
* Familiar with technologies like Linux, MySQL, Redis, Riak, memcached, Varnish, nginx, HAProxy, Nagios, Munin, Chef.
* Define the technical requirements for new and existing services.
* Ensure the continued scalability of the platform by identifying potential bottlenecks at an early stage, refactoring existing features where needed and making sure new features scale horizontally.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices.
* Evaluate and identify appropriate technologies for delivering the company's services.
* Act as a sparring partner for the product department in assessing the technical feasibility of their product ideas and proposing ideas from a technology perspective.
* Manage and prioritize all server-side development and assuring on-time delivery.
* Manage the office IT environment
* Conduct code reviews.
* Monitor application performance and review application failures.
* Ensure technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
* Define the development and deployment annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations.
* Supervise recruitment, training, retention and organization of technical staff.
* Knowledge of Internet protocols, databases (both relational and noSQL) and revision control systems