Duties and Responsibilities : -
1. Developing, implementing and monitoring Occupational Health &Safety (OH&S) Policy, Programs, and Procedures. Making presentations to the Board about the OHS performance (both proactive and reactive).
2. Building a team to ensure consistent application of OH&S Guidelines, processes, and procedures. Conducting performance reviews and taking appropriate action.
3. Conducting and ensuring worker/staff training in areas such as Safety Laws and Regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
4. Periodically visiting the project sites to facilitate Identifying and eliminating unsafe practices and unsafe conditions through inspections and audits.
5. Developing method statements and review documentation to ensure construction methodologies are safe, adopting Global best practices and capturing all risk management and necessary control and mitigation measures.
6. Ensuring regular maintenance of all firefighting equipment, personal protective equipment and all other safety gadgets.
7. Establishing Disaster Management Plans (DMP) and setting up of Fire Combat teams etc. in all the project sites.
8. Coordinating and conducting safety committee meeting with equal participation from management staff and workmen, for involving them in monitoring the effectiveness of the safety management system.
9. Investigating accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine root causes and preventive measures. Collecting accident statistics to analyze the trends and to assess the effectiveness of corrective/ preventive actions being taken.
10. Increasing health and safety awareness at all levels within the organization.
11. Investigating all the complaints/ concerns regarding hazardous working conditions and reporting the findings of investigation to appropriate senior staff.
12. Monitoring the compliance of all the OH&S legal requirements and presenting the findings to IC Head.
13. Organizing all types of environmental monitoring, such as noise, temperature, dust,gas, fumes and radiation levels (at work places) to verify compliance with Local health and safety regulations.
14. Organizing safety and health performance review meetings at IC and Cluster level and making recommendations to improve safety performance.
15. Establishing budget proposals for Occupational Health and Safety Management.
16. Developing, reviewing, and updating appropriate sections of the OH&S Management System manual, as and when required.
17. Providing reports and analysis to internal and external customers on OH&S performance as and when needed.
18. Establishing risk management protocols and procedures, to ensure high level of safety at all sites in the IC.
19. Establishing reporting criteria within safety department, finalizing content/ format for monthly project status reports and preparing presentations indicating the safety performance at various levels for use in the review meetings.
20. Liaising with Municipal, Fire and State Emergency planners, update plans, organize exercises and evaluate procedures.
21. Coordinating the training of safety personnel, including first aid, CPR, accident prevention and investigation, work place inspections and other matters related to implementing safety procedures.
22. Arranging for Occupational Health and Safety survey and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies/consultants, as may be necessary.
23. Assuming other duties as may be assigned.
Additional Information :
Graduate Engineer with EHS qualification with minimum 20yrs experience with companies of repute.
BE/ B.Tech (Engineering)