- Overall owner of the category internally and externally with partners and brands.
- Drive Business growth, and Market Share of the Specific Category with strong product, competition and consumer analytics. Contributes in development of Periodic Financial Plans and Projections.
- Work with the enterprise and retail sales team to source catalogues of national brands, smaller brands & private labels for that category and ensure availability of a wide variety of products on the marketplace
- Contributes in creation of sales plans and completely owns up the execution of the same to maximize sell-through of the inventory made available to sell.
- Work with merchandising team to get the catalogues live on the marketplace
- Be involved in the full life cycle of sales and distribution, this includes product promotion, branding and sales.
- Be the SPOC (Single Point of contact) of a particular category for internal teams and for merchant partners and handle the operations, resolve issues and drive the day-day sales for the category
- Deliver the business metrics for the category viz. Availability (# of listings, stock availability, # of merchant partners), Sales (GMV, Qty Sold) and Profitability (% gross margins)
- Interfacing with partners and customers for understanding their requirements the most viable solutions and cultivating relations with them for customer retention & securing repeat business.
- MBA/PG /B-Tech from reputed institution.
- Start-up experience would be an added plus.
- Ability to roll up their sleeves and get work done.
- Leadership : Always focused on doing what's right for the business. High energy, passion and high level of enthusiasm.
- Willing to take on the tough projects and challenges to grow the business. Creates an environment where others want to follow. Governs themselves with unquestionable ethics and unswerving integrity.
- Should be presently working with an e-commerce, marketplace companies in India.