The Business Intelligence Lead is responsible for the technical implementation of current and future data warehouse, business intelligence solutions and data migration strategies. Proficient with the design of database architectures, data warehouses, data migrations, data marts, business intelligence packages, and implementing user reporting solutions based upon business requirement and content knowledge. Must have management skills to drive projects to completion on schedule with junior team members and mid-level business professionals.
Strong understanding database methodology, data analysis, advanced SQL queries, ETL and business intelligence application required .
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Implement new business intelligence and data warehouse requirements through the use of SQL, ETL, business intelligence tools, and database programming and reporting tools.
* Meet with customer business and technical leaders to identify and scope the business opportunities, document and vet business requirements, identify effective reporting techniques, identify the best data sources for reach report field, identify risks and constraints, and design reporting formats.
* Develop, implement, and maintain ETL (extract, transform, and load) solutions to bring new data into the data warehouse.
* Develop optimized database design to achieve acceptable performance by tuning view, tables and indexes for proper response time.
* Develop new capabilities and architectures that capitalize on the development of client portal, and ad-hoc BI capabilities
* Full life-cycle development and maintenance of data warehouse, ETL, and business intelligence solutions.
* Data analyst skills to determine root cause problems for data integrity and data quality issues identified through QA or by business report owners.
* Provide guidance and recommendation on BI reporting packages
* Develop ETL Packages using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2/2012 Integration Services.
* Implementation/Maintenance of Data Warehouse / Cube building.
* Optimize the ETL Packages.
* Analyze system issues reported by users and present workable solutions.
* Deploy ETL Packages/Cubes on Development/Test environment, and provide deployment instruction for further deployment on production.
* Knowledge/experience with SSIS, SSAS, T-SQL,
* Candidate should have 6 to 10 years of experience in MSBI technologies.