Job Description Overview
Calypso Technology is seeking a Product Support Business Analyst with at least 3 years Functional experience gained in the capital markets industry working for a software vendor, consultancy, and/or trading floor. This should include support of Front and/or Middle Office Systems in one or more of the following: Fixed Income, FX, Interest Rate Derivatives, Credit Derivatives, Equity Derivatives, or Risk.
1. In-depth, hands-on involvement directly with customers on Calypso front office solution. Work directly with users of the Calypso system to gather and document their business requirements, and with the customer project/systems team to implement those requirements. Follow up with the users to test the implementation, achieve signoff, and continue to move the system toward go-live.
2. Work hands on with the system to configure it and test it to ensure that it meets the business requirements. This will include areas such as setup of market data, including zero curves, probability curves, correlation matrices, dividend curves, etc., and the underlying financial instruments that drive the generation of those curves. This will also include the setup of pricing parameters and trade capture
3. options that drive the valuation of trades based on the market data. And it will also include the configuration of rules-based scenarios for capturing market and credit risk, general multi-factor sensitivity analyses, and PnL.
4. Assist customers in identifying functional gaps in the core front office product, and to create detailed functional specifications for the gaps, and to determine whether those functional enhancements will be implemented by core Calypso development or as custom development by the customer's own implementation team.
5. Manage issues and track timeline of bug resolution development deliverables, and keep the customer informed of progress. Additionally, the SaaS business analyst will assist SaaS customers with the deployment of developments into their Environments, including identification of key setup and configuration tasks, scope considerations, timeline and scheduling, and resource requirements.
Skills & Requirements:
1. 3+ years working in systems or business analysis, preferably in the capital markets industry with Support responsibilities
2. Detailed hands-on knowledge about industry-standard front office standards for market data management, trade capture and pricing. In addition to the above, experience in any or the entire following asset classes will be preferred: credit derivatives, interest rate derivatives, equity derivatives, fixed income or FX.
3. Strong technical skills -- even though this is a business position, the candidate must be very "tech savvy" and technically self-sufficient -- ability to read code will be highly valued, and experience designing/building front office systems will be especially valuable. Some knowledge of Java or C++ will be very useful.
4. Strong ability to map conceptual financial and business elements to practical system capabilities. Should be able to translate front office business requirements into actual system configuration.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills. The person in this role will spend significant amounts of time working hands-on educating and training customers, and patience will be key to success.
6. Willingness and ability to travel periodically, as required.
7. Previous software company experience will be highly valued. In particular, previous experience with implementing front office systems will be key to success.
8. Must be client driven, have the ability to work within a team environment, and be focused on providing a high quality of service to the client
Calypso Technology is an equal opportunity employee (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.