Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, or another applicable domain pertinent to Life Sciences.
- Platforms: Experience with Win XP, Vista, UNIX or a UNIX-like platform (Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris)
- Bioinformatics Programs: Experience with multiple common bioinformatics programs such as BLAST, phred, phrap, consed, genscan. Experience with complex instrumentation and statistical data analysis for genomics applications for high throughput DNA sequencing and expression profiling technologies.
- Experience in development of validation test plans, plan execution and report generation.
- Programming Languages: Strong proficiency in Matlab, Perl, Python, VB SCript, Statistical tools (R, SAS), Experience with C, C++, or Java is desirable.
- Biological Knowledge: Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Genetics, Genomics, Molecular Biology
- Communication Skills: Ability to present project data (orally and written).
- Other Skills: Ability to work in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to multi-task as required.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to details, proven track record of consistently delivering results with limited supervision and aggressive schedules.
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have) :
- Experience performing software requirements analysis and creating test plans and protocols.
- Demonstrated understanding of the entire software development life cycle.
- Significant experience with popular test management tools such as HPQC or JIRA
- Experience with QTP or other test automation frameworks that help drive data driven testing
- Experience working within an Agile development process (Scrum, XP, Kan ban, etc).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to present technical information to both business and technology teams with clarity and precision.