* Participates as a member of team of other research/advance development engineers carrying out the investigation, design and implementation of research/advance development projects to generate new products, technologies, and intellectual property.
* Creates portions of research/advance development plans, investigative procedures, and collection and analysis guidelines for assigned investigation; collaborates with internal and external partners to perform experiments and validations in accordance with overall research/advance development plan.
* Prepares literature and presentations for peer review, publication, and delivery at industry and scientific events and conferences; creates patent applications and supporting documentation.
* Characterizes Big Data workloads; Conducts performance modeling, simulation and analysis.
* Architect, design and develops optimized data structures and algorithms to improve the price/performance of Big Data platforms.
* Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science.
* Minimum 3 years of experience developing and debugging in C/C++, Java, Perl, PHP or Python
* Demonstrated understanding of object oriented design and programming
* Strong in data structures, algorithms, problem solving
* Design experience of complex and highly scalable and high performance distributed systems, preferably with product engineering background
* Hands-on experience in analyzing, optimizing, and troubleshooting systems and system related technology
* Hands on experience with distributed computing technologies such as Hadoop, Map/Reduce, YARN
* Working knowledge of NoSQL database management technologies such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Spark, Storm
* Contributions to open source projects, conferences is a plus
* Working knowledge of parallel programming languages is a plus.