. JOB PURPOSE
(Briefly describe the general purpose of the position or its significance from the organisation's point of view and how it contributes to the overall mission/objective of the organization).
Lead as XYZ group's in house legal counsel for corporate finance and equity function by designing methodologies to ensure regulatory compliance based on overall structure of business and thereby maintaining corporate integrity with focus on profitability for the group.
3. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
(List the responsibilities/duties associated with the job. For each responsibility/duty listed, give the factors on which an individual's performance is judged).
Key Performance Indicators
Lead as Corporate legal counsel for Banking & finance transactions, Investments, Capital Market across the group.
1. Corporate Banking & financing transaction deals handled runs into several crores and ensure that the Debt raised is with favorable terms.
2. Leading project finance transactions of Indian and overseas infrastructure projects thereby ensuring cost savings
3. Compliance in foreign currency exposure through negotiations of ISDAs.
4. Participate & lead in Capital Market transactions as well as all Investments inbound and outbound.
Timeliness and compliance
Advise on mergers & acquisition and corporate restructuring
1. Provide legal advice on the structure of investment.
2. Liaising with external counsels and provide support to the Deal team in vetting and negotiation of transaction documents.
Devise methodologies to hedge financial risk for the group
Mechanism to protect confidentiality information by way of NDAs.
Attend Legal conferences and Seminars for updation.
Create a Standard Operating Procedure for financing transactions with appropriate tracking mechanisms.
Build thought leadership both internally and externally.
(Describe the job roles that you interact with inside or outside the company to enable you to meet your accountabilities)
External - Roles you need to interact with outside the organization to enable success in your day to day work
Internal - Roles you need to interact with inside the organization to enable success in your day to day work
1. Interact with external legal counsels of PSU, private banks, Investment bankers, and other contracting parties to ensure protection of rights of XYZ group
a. Interact with project/sector teams to ensure the project is well protected
2. Interact with external law firms and consultants on subject specific matters to achieve legal and regulatory compliance for XYZ group.
b. Interact with the Corporate Finance team to ensure commercial issues are taken care keeping in mind the legal requirements of the transactions.
3. Networking with fellow professionals across corporates and law firms to bring in "best practices" across the group.
4. Must lead legal teams to develop and grow and be a mentor for growth.