Position Offered: Associate - Knowledge Management
- Reports to works independently in a team of Knowledge Management professionals but has to work closely with partners and senior management of the Firm
- Knowledge management position in a law firm is meant to drive a culture of Firm-wide knowledge sharing; so that the Firms legal know-how, information and business intelligence is shared with associates, partners, and other stakeholders. This in turn helps lawyers to turn around response time to clients, helps them to write quality articles or refer to legal precedence to prepare suitable response for clients.
Their core activities can be classified under four broad headings viz.
Creation of knowledge database viz. creating repository of:
- Legal Insights
- Training presentations
- Quick retrieval and dissemination of information - continuous endeavor to reduce response time
- Maintain and upgrade Firms knowledge portal- evaluate and upgrade to latest technology, keep developing new modules and to increase speed and accessibility of information
- Train and induct legal professionals about usability of knowledge management function
- This function typically has very high internal interaction but limited external interaction with technology partners and other Law Firms to understand service quality offering and bench-marking and interact regularly with teams to encourage document and knowledge sharing.
- Good knowledge on word formatting will also be added advantage.
Min Experience - 4 8yrs
- The associate must be a 4 years PQE Law Graduate. Few years of practical work experience as a lawyer is preferred as the candidate will have to create legal documents based on other similar documents, speak with various practice area teams on legal documents and understand the requirement properly.
- Preference will be given to lawyers who have handled KM work for legal services, LPOs or KPO,They must possess a collaborative mind set, ability to communicate with all levels of professionals and partners, and high drive towards execution and pro-activeness.
Other valued soft skills:
- Staying positive under demanding circumstances and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Must score high on empathy as he/she will be required to deal with partners who have very high demand for action and urgency
- Should be flexible and creative but at the same time diligent under the regulatory framework