‘Been there done that’ is easier said than done and maybe this is why most of us look at all the successful people and assume that their stories are connected to an ugly past. So, though we may never know if it is all real or made up, we do know what these professionals’ influential approach towards work and life in general. Take a look and dive into the positivity!
1. “Timing, perseverance and ten years of trying will make you look like an overnight success.” -Biz stone, co-founder, Twitter
2. “I’ve not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” -Thomas Edison, American inventor and businessman
3. “The fastest way to change yourself is to hang out with people who are already the way you want to be.” -Reid Hoffman, co-founder, LinkedIn
4. “The most dangerous poison is the feeling of achievement. The antidote is to every evening think what can be done better tomorrow.” -Ingvar Kamprad, founder, Ikea
5. “I’ve realized that it’s time for me to show my audience that you don’t have to be perfect to achieve your dreams. I’m okay with having horrible dance moves. I’m okay with having horrible lower teeth. That’s what makes me me, and for some reason it’s worked out all right.” -Katy Perry, American singer, song writer and actress
6. “I didn’t learn to be quiet when I had an opinion. The reason they knew who I was is because I told them.” -Ursula Burns, chairman and CEO, Xerox
7. “None of us grew up feeling like winners. So thank you to the bullies, to the popular kids, to the gym teachers who taunted us, who rejected us and who made fun of the way we ran. Without you we never would have gone into comedy.” -Steven Levitan, co-creator/executive producer, Modern Family
8. “When I was 14 my Math teacher told me that unless I changed my attitude I would never amount to anything. I never changed my attitude. Think I’m doing ok Mr. Grayon? Don’t let anyone tell you to change who you are.” -Mark Zuckerberg, co-founder and CEO, Facebook
9. “EBay is a shark in the ocean. We are a crocodile in the Yangtze River. If we fight in the ocean, we will lose. But if we fight in the river, we will win. ” -Jack Ma, CEO, Alibaba Group
One thing all successful people have in common is a voracious obsession for their passion and the stimulus to constantly develop it. Are you motivated by these quotes? Keep us posted!