If you are out there doing your DO; Are you Doing your DO online as well?? When someone Googles you, Do you Exist in the Google-God’s Directory? If you do exist, how kind is the all knowing Google-God about your Personal (Brand) Reputation?
Questions! Questions! They bother even more when we are at a loss of an Answer.
But seriously, If you have a NO or an un-satisfactory answer to any of the above, my dear friend, it’s time to hail the mighty sword (your tablet/your netbook/your laptop) and prepare to conquer the Social Media Kingdom with your humble, yet Invincible Personal Brand.
If you are new to the concept of Personal Branding then this is THE article for you, as I will now explain how to Brand Yourself across different Social Media Platforms to boost your Online Visibility; and if you already have been a Socially Savvy Smarty, then it’s time for you to step up in the journey of Personal Branding and you may want to work with a Personal Brand Strategist who will empower you to build an ICONIC Personal Brand both online & offline.
I have also curated a Brilliant Infographic as you see below that highlights the 6 different Social Media Goliaths that you MUST conquer with the Power of your Personal Brand.
So now you know why & where you MUST be Socially Branded! Now comes the Best part: How TO?
Twitter: Twitter is the King of Social Media-in my opinion at least.
- Twitter will empower you with an online stage with a Global Audience to showcase your Thought Leadership. Use the Generous Space of 160 characters to Brand your twitter Profile with a Powerful and Relevant Bio. When I say Relevant, I mean Honest yet Interesting.
- Brand your Twitter handle with an Identity that best represents YOU: Your Name or your Branded Name-if any different!
- You may also add links to your Personal Blog/Website to draw traffic for Business
- Using your Name in the Bio-Space, is a brilliant strategy for DIY SEO.
- Get a Brandtastic Headshot for your Twitter profile; one that is TOTALLY on-brand
Facebook: If Twitter is the King; Facebook is the undisputed Queen of the Social Media; ruling the Hearts worlwide
- Claim a Vanity URL for your Own as well as Business Page, which looks like: facebook.com/username. Click here to check out my Branded Facebook Fan Page!
- For your Personal Profile, give your it a Privacy Makeover by changing who can see what section of your Profile; this helps you project the desired Brand to different groups of audience
- Do mention your Professional details in the about section, as what you do is equally important as the USP of your Unique Identity
- Upload a cover picture that accentuates the UNIQUE essence of the Personal Brand’s SOUL; My Tip: Let the SOUL of your Brand come alive on your home page
- Maintain a strategic healthy balance between the fun-side and professional side of life on Facebook as you don’t want to come across as a Geek all the time!
- Linking your Pinterest account with your Facebook Account will ensure you keep your network entertained and enriched all the time!
- Most importantly, do not share pictures of yourself that would compromise your Personal Reputation either now or 10 years down the line. Be Sensible today, rather than being Sorry tomorrow!
LinkedIn: Well, for me LinkedIn is the Young Prince of Social Media who is soon to be the King!
LinkedIn enables you to present your Best Professional Brand to the corporate world, to those who really matter! This is in fact the first platform where you should BRAND YOURSELF. You can check out my detailed post on How to Brand Yourself on LinkedIn here.
Google plus: Google Plus is like the Court Minister of the Social Media world, without whom we would probably not have such access to the thriving kingdom of Social Media.
- Getting your Google Profile is like the first step to SEO Nirvana; so get your Google Quotient perfect by claiming your profile today.
- Use the Google cover picture wisely, by Branding your Punch-line alongside your headshot for maximum impact and let your true Brand Shine-on!
- Create a Google Page for your Business under your Profile for a Double SEO treat!
- Use Google Hangouts to interact with your Brand Community on a regular basis; Video is the FUTURE of building a powerful Personal Brand Reputation.
- For now, you may also claim your username or vanity URL using http://gplus.to until Google blesses us mortals with an in-house facility to do so
Klout: Klout in my belief is the Court Gossip Monger, who is the indispensible informant to know who is worth what in the Social Media Kingdom!
- Get yourself on Klout today, either with Facebook or Twitter, to discover how much clout you have in the Online world!
- Connect all your Social Media activity to Klout for best results
About.Me: About Me is like your Court Confidant who will share with the world, only your Best!
- Get your Branded Vanity URL on About.Me before it’s gone!
- This can serve as your Personal Website in case you do not have one, so design it well
- Customize the look and feel of your home page with the colors that best represent the Brand YOU.
- Fill it up with a Brandtastic Bio that makes the reader get in touch with you for reasons best for business!
- Connect it with your Social Media Presence to provide a one-stop shop for your entire digital footprint
Make Yourself Visible on Social Media with The Brand You 2.0 workshop by HeadHonchos.com in association with Tanvi bhatt- a personal branding pioneer- know More…